Texas Instruments TCA9416 Ultra-Low Voltage I2C Translator is a 2-bit bidirectional I2C, SMBus voltage-level translator with an output-enable (OE) input and rising and falling edge accelerators. It is operational from 1.08V to 3.6V on both the A-side and B-side. This feature allows the device to interface between lower and higher logic signal levels at any of the typical 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V supply rails.
The OE input pin is referenced to VCCA, can be tied directly to VCCA, but it is also 3.6V tolerant. The OE pin can also be controlled and set to a logic low to place all the SCL and SDA pins in a high-impedance state, significantly reducing the quiescent current consumption. Under normal I2C and SMBus configurations, the TCA9416 is compatible with standard speeds where the frequency of SCL is 100kHz (Standard-mode), 400kHz (Fast-mode), or 1MHz (Fast-mode Plus).
The Texas Instruments TCA9416 features internal 10kΩ pull-up resistors on SCL_A, SDA_A, SCL_B, and SDA_B. Additional external pull-up resistors can be added to the bus to reduce the total pull-up resistance and speed up rising edges.
- 2-bit bidirectional translator for SDA and SCL lines in I2C applications
- Provides bidirectional voltage translation with no direction pin
- High-impedance output SCL_A, SDA_A, SCL_B, SDA_B pins when OE = 0V or VCC = 0V
- Internal 10kΩ pull-up resistor on all SDA and SCL pins are enabled based on respective VCC voltage
- 1.08V to 3.6V on both A and B ports
- VCC isolation feature: If either VCC input is at GND, both ports are in the high-impedance state (excluding pull-ups)
- No power-supply sequencing is required: either VCCA or VCCB can be ramped first
- Low Ioff of 2.5µA when either VCCA or VCCB = 0V
- OE input can be tied directly to VCCA or controlled by GPIO
- Latch-up performance exceeds 100mA per JESD 78, class II
- ESD Protection exceeds JESD 22
- 2500V Human-body model (A114-B)
- 1500V Charged-device model (C101)
more information: https://www.ti.com/product/TCA9416