Whitepages is a platform that allows people to find people, their contact information, and some background information for background checks. The website claims to offer contact numbers, criminal records, addresses, traffic records, financial records, business details, property information, professional licenses, etc. Thus whitepages is another website that stores and displays personal information and gives it to people seeking it. Anybody can search these sites and find relevant information by searching a person‘s name and age. Since this has led to many people worrying about their privacy, there is a large number of people who are looking for ways to delete their data and information from such sites, including white pages, so if you’re looking for ways to Maintain your privacy and Searching for How to Remove Yourself from Whitepages? follow the guide below:
For regular search
- To remove your information from the platform, go to their official website Whitepages.com
- Once you land on their website, locate the search box and enter your name, address, and any other vital details that the search requires you to add. Click on the magnifying button icon near the search box to start searching for results. Wait till the website provides a list of search results that your query has generated.
- Once the search query has resulted in a list of search results on the screen, locate your entry from the names provided in the search result. Please be careful that you find the exact entry that you wish to remove. (Please be careful of the fact that there is a possibility that there can be a mistake in the spelling of your name, so make sure you check all the details when searching for the right entry.)
- After you carefully locate the entry, click on the view details option next to it. Now you can see the list of all the information that the platform has about you. There are other blue-colored links further in the results that are premium information pieces.
- In the next step, you need to copy the URL link of your profile. You must copy the link address by highlighting it and then copying it. You can use the control + C option on a Windows PC or the command + C option on the Mac device to do so. Also, You must then carefully paste this URL link address at a safe location as you will need it in the coming steps.
- From here, you need to head to the “opt-out page” of the website. And paste the URL of your listing in the space provided by the platform and click on the “opt-out” option.
- You will then be required to verify the record that you wish to remove from the platform, and then you must click the remove me button on the screen. Following this action, you will be asked to choose a reason to remove your details from the website that you can choose from the drop-down menu provided by the platform.
- This step will require you to enter your mobile phone number to receive an automated confirmation call to verify the deletion of the request. After clicking on “call now to verify”, you will be redirected to a page where you need to enter the confirmation code that you received on the number you entered. (please make sure that you have access to the number that you have mentioned in this step to receive the confirmation code.)
- You will soon receive a call with the verification code, and you will have to follow the prompts that they gave. After confirming the code that you entered on the platform, your removal request will be complete.
However, it is important to member that the above-mentioned steps will remove the information from free searches on the website only. To remove your information from premium subscribers, you will have to put in a support ticket in your request.
- In the search result, you will have to find the premium record for the report that you wish to remove from the blue links in the view full report option.
- You will then have to right-click and then copy the URL link. Copy the address at an appropriate place as you will need it in the following steps.
- Head to the support request page of the platform and select the “I need to edit or remove a listing” option from the drop-down menu and fill out the form by providing your name, last name, city, state, etc., and the copied URL listing.
- This process will take around 72 hours to take effect, and then your results will be removed from the premium search as well.
These websites that offer various information about people from their free to use search engines are a matter of great concern for people as their privacy is getting hampered. Your private information is just a click away for people who might miss use it in various ways. Therefore we must take timely and correct steps to ensure our online privacy. By removing your information from white pages, you will be taking an active step towards protecting your online privacy and making your information accessible to people. However, it is important to note that deleting information from white pages will remove the information from this platform only.